Sunday, May 04, 2014

Voice

You should hear his voice.

When I've called
and he's asked if I'm ok
and I say
yes
but I really mean
no
and he reads what I've said

the hurt

and his voice turns into a cradle for me to curl up in
safely
a hammock for me to relax into
safely
a cocoon for me to wrap myself into
safely
his voice soothes and holds me and makes it all ok
makes it better
and I need that

You should hear his voice.

When my eyes are closed
and the phone is pressed up against my ear

his voice a boat for me to float in

comfortably
a sail to lead me forward
at the speed he chooses
a fishing line hooked into my energy
pulling
tugging
at times uncomfortable
but then I listen
and hear
and I'm
safe
warm
comforted

his voice
encapsulating me
carrying me
lifting me
holding me
covering me
and I

love that

need that

crave that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.