Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mother Did It Need To Be So High?

I'm tired of mothers fucking up their sons
smothering 
abandoning
blaming
neglecting
I'm tired of fathers
beating the shit out of their sons
taking out the anger
passed on through generations
retreating
neglecting
it breaks things
it breaks people

I'm tired of broken women
wanting un-healed men
to fix them
and broken men
blaming un-healed women
for the pain they feel inside

we have to heal ourselves
we have to love each other
we have to let it in
we have to break it open
we have to end it
it starts within
it ends within
to do anything else
is selfish
and self-protective
and lets it just go on and on
and what kind of a life is that?
why are we here if not to make the change?

I'm tired of cycles staying whole
that should be broken
I'm tired of broken people
raising children
who grow into adults
who hurt each other
and make more children
who grow into adults
who don't know how to heal


I bet you think this song is about you, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.